|Gallery|||||My Story|||||My Etsy Shop|||||Learning Resources|||||Guestbook|||||Contact Penny|
9X11" hand drawn monotype on Japanese ornamental paper and in a 14X16" white mat
This original print was created using professional archival artist materials only
I once lived where foxes frequently wandered through my yard. It was always exciting to see them! I didn't actually see a fox curled up in a ball like this, but my cat drawing skills helped me draw it from memory and imagination. This is my interpretation of our resident fox. I hope you love this fun print!
1. I draw my design and then trace it
2. I ink up a brayer with brown and roll it onto a Lexan plate
3. I repeat step 2 with black ink
4. I place my paper over the brown ink and pat/rub to create background tone
5. I move my paper to the black
6. I place my traced drawing on top of the art paper
7. As I trace over my traced drawing, voila! A monotype print is created!
Any questions? Would you like more photos? Feel free to contact me. I would love to hear from you!