|Gallery|||||My Story|||||My Etsy Shop|||||Learning Resources|||||Guestbook|||||Contact Penny|
10X8" linocut print on 250gsm Stonehenge paper
This is an original hand pulled linocut print. It is number 10 in a limited edition of 18 only. It was created using professional archival artist materials only. It is unframed. This print is one of only 2 with white ink on black paper.
Chickadees are one of my favourite birds. They are so hardy and resilient, showing up in arctic temperatures, and whistling away. They are my little troopers!
This is a great way to turn favourite drawings into original prints! Here’s how I create a single colour linocut print:
1. I draw a design and carve it into a linoplate
2. I ink up a brayer and roll the ink onto the plate
3. I centre art paper over the inked plate
4. I run it through a printmaking press
5. I pull off the paper and, voila! A print appears!
Any questions? Would you like more photos? Feel free to contact me. I would love to hear from you!