|Gallery|||||My Story|||||My ETSY Shop|||||Learning Resources|||||Guestbook|||||Contact Penny|
6X4.5" linocut print in an edition of 10. This is the only one in the edition on this type of Japanese ornamental paper.
This original hand pulled print was created using professional archival artists materials only. Due to the hand printing process, each print is slightly different and unique. It is unframed.
I spent 27 years in the North Peace Region of British Columbia, Canada, and saw LOTS of owls. I had great fun rendering those watching eyes. I hope you like it!
This is a great way to turn favourite drawings into original prints! Here’s how I create a single colour linocut print:
1. I draw a design and carve it into a linoplate
2. I ink up a brayer and roll the ink onto the plate
3. I centre art paper over the inked plate
4. I run it through a printmaking press
5. I pull off the paper and, voila! A print appears!
Any questions? Would you like more photos? Feel free to contact me. I would love to hear from you!