|Gallery|||||My Story|||||My Etsy Shop|||||Learning Resources|||||Guestbook|||||Contact Penny|
This is a series of 3 hand drawn monotype prints on fine art rice paper. Approximate sizes of individual prints are: fox jumping up 9X10", fox with head in snow 8X6", fox carrying prey 7.5X5"
These original hand pulled prints were created using fine art materials only
I felt very honoured to see a wild Red Fox jumping for prey in the snow! This is my interpretation of the event. It was fun to render and I hope you love it!
This is my favourite prinkmaking method! Here is how I create a drawn monotype:
1. I draw my design and then trace it
2. I ink up a brayer with brown and roll it onto a Lexan plate
3. I repeat step 2 with black ink
4. I place my paper over the brown ink and pat/rub to create background tone
5. I move my paper to the black
6. I place my traced drawing on top of the art paper
7. As I trace over my traced drawing, voila! A monotype print is created!
Any questions? Would you like more photos? Feel free to contact me. I would love to hear from you!