|Gallery|||||My Story|||||My Etsy Shop|||||Learning Resources|||||Guestbook|||||Contact Penny|
9X7" hand drawn monotype print on Japanese ornamental paper
This original hand pulled print was created using professional archival artist materials only. It is unframed.
I once lived where foxes frequently came through my yard. One evening, while working in my studio, I heard crows cawing like crazy just outside the window. I looked to see the crows dive bombing the fox, who was simply looking over its shoulder, as if to say, "Get Lost." I'll do what I want." I sold another version of this monoprint to a man named Kit of all things! I hope you love this fun print!
This is my favourite prinkmaking method! Here is how I create a drawn monotype:
1. I draw my design and then trace it
2. I ink up a brayer and roll it onto a Lexan plate
4. I place my art paper over the inked plate.
6. I place my traced drawing on top of the art paper
7. As I trace over my traced drawing, voila! A monotype print is created!
Any questions? Would you like more photos? Feel free to contact me. I would love to hear from you!