|Gallery|||||My Story|||||My ETSY Shop|||||Learning Resources|||||Guestbook|||||Contact Penny|
Hand drawn monotype on 9X7" fine art rice paper
This hand pulled original print was created using fine artist materials only. It is unframed.
I once lived where foxes frequently came through my yard. One evening, while working in my studio, I heard crows cawing like crazy just outside the window. I looked to see the crows dive bombing the fox, who was simply looking over its shoulder, as if to say, "Get Lost." I'll do what I want." I sold another version of this monoprint to a man named Kit of all things! I hope you love this fun print!
This is my favourite prinkmaking method! Here’s how I create a drawn monotype:
• I draw my design and then trace it
• I ink up a brayer with each colour and roll them onto separate Lexan plates
• I place my art paper over the first colour
• I place my traced drawing on top of the art paper
• I pat/rub over any places I want background tone
• I trace my traced drawing anywhere I want lines to appear
• I repeat the last 4 steps for any remaining colours
• Voila! A monotype print is created!
Any questions? Would you like more photos? Feel free to contact me. I would love to hear from you!