|Gallery|||||My Story|||||My Etsy Shop|||||Learning Resources|||||Guestbook|||||Contact Penny|
11X7.5" original linocut print on 160gsm Canson Mi-Tientes paper
This hand pulled print was created using professional archival artist materials only. Due to the hand printing process, each print is slightly different and unique. This one is a ghost print, meaning it was the second print taken off the plate without reinking the plate. This gives it a unique, almost vintage look. Ghost prints are quite sought after by some collectors. It is unframed.
My friend gave me a cat photo from her honeymoon in Switzerland. I was inspired to have great fun creating this lovely print. I hope you love it too.
Here's how I create single colour linocut print:
1. I draw a design and carve it into a lino plate
2. I ink up a brayer and roll the ink onto the plate
3. I centre art paper over the inked plate
4. I run it through a printmaking press
5. I pull off the paper and, voila! A lino cut print appears!
Would you like a portrait of your pet? Contact me and we'll make arrangements.
Any questions? Would you like more photos? Feel free to contact me. I would love to hear from you!