|Gallery|||||My Story|||||My Etsy Shop|||||Learning Resources|||||Guestbook|||||Contact Penny|
5X7.5" hand drawn monotype print on artists' rice paper
This one-of-a-kind original was inspired by my Devon Rex cat, Rosie. She's the most sweet and loving kitty you'd ever meet! I love bees too. I though it would be fun to do a sleeping cat with a bee! I hope you love it!
Here’s how I create a drawn monotype print:
• I draw my design and then trace it
• I ink up a brayer with each colour and roll them onto separate Lexan plates
• I place my art paper over the first colour
• I place my traced drawing on top of the art paper
• I pat/rub over any places I want background tone
• I trace my traced drawing anywhere I want lines to appear
• I repeat the last 4 steps for any remaining colours
• Voila! A monotype print is created!
Would you like a portrait of your pet? Contact me and we'll make arrangements.
Any questions? Would you like more photos? Feel free to contact me. I would love to hear from you!