|Gallery|||||My Story|||||My Etsy Shop|||||Learning Resources|||||Guestbook|||||Contact Penny|
10X8" linocut print on 160gsm Canson Mi-Tientes blue paper
This is an original hand pulled linocut print in a limited edition of 20. It was created using professional archival artist materials only. Due to the hand printing process, each print is slightly different and unique. Prints are unframed unless otherwise specified.
I love the loud and lively Blue Jays that visit my backyard oasis. I am a life-long bird lover. It was a joy capturing the spunky Blue Jay spirit! I hope this print goes to a fellow bird lover!
Here's how I create a linocut print:
1. I draw a design and carve it into a lino plate
2. I ink up a brayer and roll the ink onto the plate
3. I centre art paper over the inked plate
4. I run it through a printmaking press
5. I pull off the paper and, voila! A lino cut print appears!
Any questions? Would you like more photos? Feel free to contact me. I would love to hear from you!