|Gallery|||||My Story|||||My ETSY Shop|||||Learning Resources|||||Guestbook|||||Contact Penny|
6X6" reduction linocut print on 250gsm Stonehenge paper
This is an original hand pulled reduction linocut print in an edition of 12 only. It was created using professional archival artist materials only. Due to the hand printing process, each print is slightly different and unique. The print shown is representative of the edition. The print you receive may not be the exact one shown but will have the same colour paper and ink. Prints are unframed unless otherwise specified.
Evening Grosbeaks occasionally come in large flocks to the bird feeder. I sketched them and turned it into an expressive hand pulled print! I hope it goes to an avid nature loving bird watcher like me!
HISTORY/AWARDS: Juried into Federation of Canadian Artists exhibition, "Dimensions of Reality" and recognized for "outstanding artistic excellence," Peace Gallery North, Fort St. John, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a great way to turn favourite drawings into original prints! Here’s how I create a reduction linocut print:
1. I draw a design and transfer to a lino plate
2. I carve out parts I want to stay paper colour
3. I ink up a brayer and roll it onto the plate to transfer the ink
4. I centre paper on the inked plate and run it through the press
5. I repeat for number of prints I want in the edition
6. I carve out areas I want to stay the colour I just inked
7. I repeat steps 3-6 for the remaining colours working from lightest to darkest
8. I end with an edition of beautiful reduction lino cut prints!
Any questions? Would you like more photos? Feel free to contact me. I would love to hear from you!