|Gallery|||||My Story|||||My ETSY Shop|||||Learning Resources|||||Guestbook|||||Contact Penny|
6X4.5" reduction linocut print on 250gsm Stonehenge paper
This is an original hand pulled reduction linocut print in an edition of 6 only. It was created using professional archival artist materials only. It is unframed. Due to the hand printing process each print is slightly different and unique. The print shown is representative of the edition. The print shown may not be the same print you receive but will have the same colour paper and ink.
I'm a bird lover and especially owls! This Great Horned Owl sat in a tree in broad daylight and posed for a photoshoot. I was lucky it let get fairly close and it stay for a long time! Of course I had to turn the experience into a work of art!
This is a great way to turn favourite drawings into original prints! Here’s how I create a reduction linocut print:
1. I draw a design and transfer to a lino plate
2. I carve out parts I want to stay paper colour
3. I ink up a brayer and roll it onto the plate to transfer the ink
4. I centre paper on the inked plate and run it through the press
5. I repeat for number of prints I want in the edition
6. I carve out areas I want to stay the colour I just inked
7. I repeat steps 3-6 for the remaining colours working from lightest to darkest
8. I end with an edition of beautiful reduction lino cut prints!
Any questions? Would you like more photos? Feel free to contact me. I would love to hear from you!