|Gallery|||||My Story|||||My Etsy Shop|||||Learning Resources|||||Guestbook|||||Contact Penny|
7.5X7" reduction linocut print in an edition of 8 on 250gsm Stonehenge paper
This original hand pulled print was created using professional archival artist materials only. Due to the hand printing process, each print is slightly different and unique. The print shown is representative of the edition. The print you receive may not be the exact one shown but will have the same colour paper and ink. It is unframed.
These delightful chickadees are a common sight in the boreal woods where I used to live in northern BC Canada. I am a life-long bird lover. Chickadees are a favourite! They are so hardy and resilient, withstanding the harsh sub artic climate and still whistling away!
This is a great way to turn favourite drawings into original prints! Here’s how I create a reduction linocut print:
1. I draw a design and transfer to a linoplate
2. I carve out parts I want to stay paper colour
3. I ink up a brayer and roll it onto the plate to transfer the ink
4. I centre paper on the inked plate and run it through the press
5. I repeat for number of prints I want in the edition
6. I carve out areas I want to stay the colour I just inked
7. I repeat steps 3-6 for the remaining colours working from lightest to darkest
8. I end with an edition of beautiful reduction linocut prints!
Any questions? Would you like more photos? Feel free to contact me. I would love to hear from you!